Opioid Addiction Treatment in Milwaukee
Like many cities and towns across the nation, Milwaukee has not been spared from the opioid epidemic. According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, in 2018 an estimated 78 percent of drug overdose deaths in Wisconsin involved opioids totaling more than 846 fatalities.
Here at Better Treatment Addiction Rehab, we have been treating opioid addiction in the Milwaukee area and across the United States for more than a decade.
For people with substance or alcohol use disorders, as well as their loved ones, life can be painful. The process of recovery can help everyone escape from that dark place. Rehab educates and supports patients as they come to understand the effects of their disorder, recognize and steer clear of triggers that worsen their condition and learn how to live as a person in longterm recovery.
To address the physical, psychological, social, medical, vocational, and emotional requirements of all Better Treatment Addiction Rehab patients, we create customized recovery plans. We also provide a compassionate and caring environment for patients who are willing and able to start the recovery process.
Recovery Treatment Services
Unfortunately, because of the stigma of being an “addict,” many people hide their opioid addiction from their friends and loved ones. Here at Better Treatment Addiction Rehab, we urge the use of a counselor or an intervention specialist to help patients, as well as their family and friends, to learn more about addiction, how to cope with the effects of the addiction and how to help patients. The advantages of interventions include:
- providing a safe environment for everyone involved
- helping people voice their concerns and questions
- convincing a person with a substance abuse disorder to agree to treatment
Intervention treatment also assesses the nature of the substance use disorder, analyzes any co-occurring disorders and finds the optimum path toward recovery for each patient.
Along with interventions, detox is a process that might be needed before entering Better Treatment Addiction Rehab. It is vital, however, to know that detox is not going to “cure” a person with a substance use disorder. But as the first step to recovery, detoxification will help patients withdraw from substance addiction(s). Sometimes medication treatments also are used in helping a patient recover.
There are two commonly utilized types of detox:
- Social detoxification takes place in a residential or outpatient care center and typically involves educating people with substance abuse disorders, as well as preparing them to take their first steps toward recovery.
- Medically supervised detoxification (sometimes called medically supervised withdrawal) occurs in a hospital or inpatient facility so the patient’s withdrawal can be guided by a nurse or doctor.
We offer rehabilitation for patients at all stages of of their substance use disorder, whether they have only just begun showing symptoms or the disorder has entered a severe state.
Treatment programs include, but aren’t limited to, treatment for:
- opiates (heroin, codeine)
- prescribed drugs (pharmaceuticals, hydrocodone, oxycodone)
- designer drugs (many types of stimulants)
- crystal meth
Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment
Better Treatment Addiction Rehab’s residential program combines the most effective parts of inpatient and outpatient rehab:
- 24-hour supervision and access to clinical personnel
- comfortable, homey accommodations
- help in coping with real-world situations and challenges
While patients’ treatment plans are personalized to meet specific needs, most patients at the residential facility will participate in the following:
- group or one-on-one therapy
- behavioral modeling programs
- daily support classes
- recreational activities
- daily trips to the gym
For additional information regarding substance use disorders, interventions, detox or rehab facilities, please contact 414-420-9162 to speak to the recovery specialists at Better Treatment Addiction Rehab!